I have always been a flax seed kind of girl. The flax seeds have recently become pretty main stream, making appearances in green monsters all around the blogosphere! I mix flax seeds with wheat berries in my monsters on a daily basis. But I think there may be a new seed in town, and in my monsters!
Chia Seeds are a powerhouse nutritional food and extremely rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. A perfect addition to my morning monsters!
ChiaSeedsDirect.com sell only the highest quality chia seeds that are free of pesticides and heavy metals. You’ll get the superior nutrition of chia seeds without any unnatural chemicals. They offer free shipping and orders are placed by the pound. Its a pretty sweet deal. Check it out if you are looking for a new seed in your life!
I used my chia seeds in my daily green monster, but you can add them to pretty much anything! Mix Chia seeds into yogurt, sprinkle them on cereal in the morning, add to salads, or even add them to your baking. There are many ways to add chia seeds into your daily routine!
Additional facts about Chia Seeds:
- Chia Seeds have more protein than any other nutritional grain, not to mention they are high in fiber
- Chia Seeds are easy to digest and do not need to be ground in order to process them in our digestive system
- Chia Seeds are absorb 10 times their weight in water, keeping the water in our system longer, keeping us hydrated, this is especially important for athletes!
- They are Antioxidants! Potassium! Calcium! Oh My!
- My favorite little factoid is that chia seeds prevent some of the foods we eat from being absorbed in our system, which is key to anyone dieting
- An ounce of chia seeds contains 137 calories, and will get you four grams of protein and 11 grams of fiber – That will keep you going all day long!
There was just a subtle difference from the seed change, but I really enjoyed it. I think the nutritional benefits of chia may be more diverse than the flax seed. I may have to do more research on that one, but I am excited for the change of seeds! Thanks ChiaSeedsDirect.com! You have made a believer out of me!
PS – Don’t forget about my Holey Donuts Giveaway! These donuts are low cal and low fat but have FULL flavor so check it out!