Holiday Dinner Party Desserts

Did my last post leave you drooling for a lovely home cooked pre-holiday meal? Maybe you need a little sweet treat to be satisfied! We will get to the treats in a moment. I wanted to show all the fabulous wines that Kate and Jill brought with them tonight! I can’t wait to try out some new wine! Thanks ladies!

pics 294

Ok, I have a math equation for you.

What does 1 pretzel plus 1 rolo equal??

pics 299

Here is a closer look at my equation combination

pics 297

I am not exactly sure what this little diddy is officially called. I saw it on Allison’s blog (who apparently heard about it from Emily, who heard about it from Abby!) and I had to try it out for myself.

Put the rolo (or hershey’s kiss or whatever) on top of the pretzel. Bake at 300 degrees for 5-7 minutes. You can top it off with a nut or m&m or whatever you desire!

pics 296pics 298

Pretzel + chocolate +caramel = heaven

pics 300

Umm….yes please.

pics 302

These were beyond easy and quite yummy. I must admit its hard not to love the choco-caramel-pretzel combo. I feel like I could have left these in a bit longer, but they were ooey and gooey like I like ‘em!

pics 304

One more beautiful picture! Does anyone know what these are called?

pics 307

Jackson had fun at the little get together with all of his friends. He loves visitors, and I know these particular visitors love him lots!

pics 309

Jackson was quite tired by the end of the night. All that attention tires him out!

pics 312pics 308

He even ventured into his little hut at one point! He’s all partied out!

pics 311

All in all I would say that it was a dinner party success!

pics 318

Aside from the 4 bottles of wine, Kate and Jill also brought lots of extra treats for dessert! Some cake from Noodles birthday (happy birthday Noodles!), cookies an apple pie and even more!

pics 324

Jill also brought over some homemade cookies – chocolate chip and then the peanut butter ones with the Hershey’s kiss. What are those called? I always forget the name!

pics 327

What’s your favorite dessert to make or buy and bring to a holiday party?

I always like to find new recipes and attempt to make something seasonal – like when I made the Pumpkin Pie Cake for Thanksgiving. Seasonal treats are always more fun for me!

• Reply Megan @ Megzz Wins At Life December 16, 2009 at 10:34 am

mmmmm everything looks delish!!

I buy cookie dough from Costco.. I put them in mini cupcake pans.. bake for 10 minutes then stick a Hershey kiss upside down in them as soon as I pull them out of the oven.. so easy and soooo good!!

• Reply Julie @savvyeats December 16, 2009 at 10:42 am

I think they are PB Blossoms?

Jackson looks so adorable in his sweater!

• Reply Charm City Kim December 16, 2009 at 10:44 am

That rolo + pretzel thing is one of my all-time favorite desserts.

• Reply Lacey Nicole December 16, 2009 at 11:09 am

cool cookie ideas!!! and jackson looks soooo cute 🙂

hmm… i don't have a go to thing to make/bring, but i always try to make my grandmother's recipe for rum cake as it makes me feel connected to tradition. and it's yummy:)

• Reply Missy December 16, 2009 at 1:07 pm

Those treats look delcious! I love Jackson's outfit!

• Reply Lisa December 16, 2009 at 3:08 pm

I love the pretzel + rolo idea. I've never heard of that before. Do you eat them warm or cold?

• Reply Ali December 16, 2009 at 4:13 pm

I can make two desserts, one is fudge and the other is banana bread. That is it for my ability. But a friend of mine always brings apple wedges with a cream cheese dip that is covered in caramel and scor bar pieces .. .it is heavenly.

• Reply lynn @ the actors diet December 16, 2009 at 4:21 pm

i've been seeing those pretzel + chocolate combos everywhere and wish i had a holiday party i had to bring dessert for now.

• Reply Kate December 16, 2009 at 5:42 pm

It was a great holiday dinner party! Everything was DE-Lish! Thank you for being the fabulous hostess that you are!

• Reply Jill December 16, 2009 at 6:35 pm

Tahnk you Leslie for being the hostess with the mostess (as my mom would say) 🙂 It was so nice to get together with you guys! Good luck on your final tomorrow!

• Reply Jenny December 16, 2009 at 8:07 pm

chocolate and pretzels – one of lifes most delicious combos.

• Reply inmytummy December 16, 2009 at 9:47 pm

Those pretzels seem to be the in dessert this year. We had a cookie swap at work and two people made them!

I made Oreo Truffles that were good. Maybe that's my new thing.

• Reply Mom on the Run December 16, 2009 at 11:42 pm

Those cookies are called peanut butter blossoms:)

I am making my favorite cookie on Friday Night. Peanut Butter Balls…YUM!

• Reply Rose December 17, 2009 at 12:23 pm

I have totally made those pretzel-thingys before. Cute idea!

• Reply Mile Posts by Dorothy Beal December 17, 2009 at 12:25 pm

I am hungry for all your treats now 🙂