New Yellow Bowl and Banana Oats

It is fricking freezing in Philadelphia today! It’s in the teens! It hurts to be outside, so I don’t plan on going outside today! I did realize this morning when I was thinking about proclaiming on the blog how cold it is here, that when it is nice out, I don’t talk about it nearly as much! So when the weather warms up, prepare yourself! I am going to be spouting sunshine and warm weather from the blog!

wicked 195

Today in honor of my thoughts of warm weather and sunshine I busted out a new bowl that I picked up from a clearance rack the other day.

wicked 196

Did you know that Yellow is my Happy color??

What’s your happy color?

wicked 197

In my new yellow bowl I made banana oats with peanut butter, flax seeds and wheat berries.

wicked 198

It was a nice little ray of sunshine on this cold winter morning.

wicked 199 wicked 200

So since its frigid outside, fiancé and I are going to stay in and work on some wedding things. We are going to work on our wedding website and registry and lots of other fun stuff! Woohoo!

And the winner of the Progresso Soup Giveaway is:

Megan!

Email me your info and your package will be sent on its way!

• Reply Fashion Meets Food January 30, 2010 at 5:19 pm

loving the yellow bowl!!! Everything in my kitchen is black white and pink… I think black white and yellow would look better but pink is my happy color

• Reply misszippy January 30, 2010 at 5:45 pm

Yes, I am done with this winter! Yellow is my happy color too!

• Reply Nicci@NiftyEats January 30, 2010 at 7:38 pm

My happy color is Green!

• Reply Island Girl Eats January 30, 2010 at 10:08 pm

What a nice bowl. Yellow is a total happy colour! I bought a new bowl last week, it is red and heart shaped. I love it!

My happy colour is blue.

• Reply Genesis January 30, 2010 at 11:22 pm

what a great bowl, it kind look vintage-ish. great detail on the side.

yellow is my happy color too!

• Reply Jenny January 31, 2010 at 12:29 am

I have been obsessed with yellow as of late — it makes me feel all warm on the inside 🙂 love the new bowl, girlfriend!

• Reply Living and Loving in L.A. January 31, 2010 at 3:39 am

I love your new bowl!!! So pretty. Sometimes I buy random bowls and dishes too when I see them on sale. I always find good ones on sale at Anthropologie!
    My happy color is totally yellow or peach. So pretty!

• Reply Fayinagirl (means Free One) January 31, 2010 at 4:00 am

The yellow bowl is so pretty. All colors are happy to me, but yellow reminds me of sunshine and warmth! Oh, how I am missing being warm right now. 😉

Hope you enjoy your wedding planning. It's a wonderful time in life. =)

• Reply Lacey Nicole January 31, 2010 at 4:06 pm

oooh i love the idea of a happy bowl. i would like more color in my dishes,f or sure. i have a lot of white. i think my favorite color is a pretty blue– not too dark. but not baby blue.s omewhere in between.

• Reply Lacey January 31, 2010 at 4:07 pm

urggh i'm so bad at posting from my new wordpress account. lol. need to always select name/url.

• Reply Megan February 8, 2010 at 9:02 pm