Mike & Patty’s

Friday morning, fiancé headed out in search of a good breakfast. Tina had suggested we check out Mike and Patty’s which was down the street from where we were staying.

Let me just say that when a food blogger suggests you go somewhere – You Go!

bostonday2 001

Mike and Patty’s is this little hole in the wall restaurant on the corner of Church Street and Fayette Street in Boston.

I enjoy the name because my parents are named Mike & Patty so I was extra excited to check this place out!

bostonday2 002

They serve breakfast and lunch. It is very small, with only a few seats but don’t let the size fool you!

bostonday2 003

This place makes a mean breakfast!

bostonday2 004

bostonday2 015

Fiancé got the classic breakfast sandwich with egg and bacon.

bostonday2 008

I knew what I was going to get before I even walked in the door. Tina mentioned a Grilled Banana Sandwich and I was on my way there!

bostonday2 014

It was coated with cinnamon and powdered sugar.

bostonday2 017

When I say this thing was delicious, I REALLY mean it!

bostonday2 018

It sort of reminded me of my almond butter stuffed French toast creation I made a while back!

This breakfast was amazing. Thanks for the recommendation Tina!

bostonday2 020

If you are in Boston, you totally have to check this place out!

bostonday2 021

Next time I am back I will definitely be coming here again to eat!

bostonday2 009

What’s your favorite breakfast joint?

• Reply Jenna May 23, 2010 at 5:05 pm

If Tina suggested a restaurant, I would be heading straight there, too! Especially for her beloved Banana Sandwich. 🙂 Looks like you had a blast!

• Reply Melissa Cari May 24, 2010 at 12:29 am

I'm just catching up on my Google Reader now and your weekend in Boston looks like such a good time! That banana sandwich looks unreal. I feel like even if I tried to create it at home, it would never be as good.

• Reply ladypurpl May 24, 2010 at 11:30 am

What a great name and place to eat! Both breakfasts looked good enough to eat, but that banana sandwich looked so tasty! I want one. The weather looks so pretty there, cloudy and rainy here!

• Reply ladypurpl May 24, 2010 at 11:31 am

• Reply amanda May 24, 2010 at 9:49 pm

that grilled banana sammie looks so yummy. i want to go to boston oh so badly!

• Reply Ashley - Fashionably Fit May 25, 2010 at 1:21 pm

I love finding the little hole-in-the-wall places when I'm in a town — the great places only the locals know about.