Celebrity Marathoners

I am currently en route to Chicago, but I prepared this lovely post for you to enjoy while I am travelling!

*****************************************

With it being marathon week for me, I figured it would be fun to do a little post on celebrities who have ran marathons! I am always amazed at finding new celebrities who have ran marathons and stalking down their time is even more fun!

Here are just a few celebrity marathoner’s I have found. Some of their time’s might surprise you!

******************************************

Lance Armstrong, 2006 (2:59:36) and 2007 (2:46:43) New York City Marathon

George W. Bush, 1993 Houston Marathon (3:44:52)

Ed Norton, 2009 New York City Marathon (3:48:01)

Will Ferrell, 2003 Boston Marathon (3:56:12)

Sarah Palin, 2005 Humpy’s Marathon (3:59:36)

Sean Combs (P. Diddy) 2003 New York City Marathon (4:14:54)

Alanis Morissette, 2009 New York City Marathon (4:28:45)

Oprah Winfrey, 1994 Marine Corps Marathon (4:29:15)

Al Gore, 1997 Marine Corps Marathon (4:54:25)

Katie Holmes, 2007 New York City Marathon (5:29:58)

Mario López, 2002 Boston Marathon (5:41:42)

(source)

Shia LaBeouf – LA Marathon 4:35

Ryan Reynods NYC Marathon 3:50:22

Freddie Prinze, Jr., Los Angeles Marathon 5:50:49

(could not find a picture!)

***************************************************

What do you think of all those celebrity runners? What are your thoughts on some of their times? Who surprised you the most?

Do you know any other celebrity marathoner’s that I could add to my list? Please share!

***********************************************

Last chance to enter my yurbuds headphone giveaway! I’ll be picking a winner from Chicago!

• Reply Brie @ Brie Fit October 7, 2010 at 12:04 pm

Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas ran the Marine Corps Marathon in 3:11 in 1980!

• Reply Brittney October 7, 2010 at 12:14 pm

I've long thought that if Oprah can run a marathon, I should be able to do it too!
    My brother ran the 2009 NYC marathon and I remember him mentioning that Ed Norton ran it too.
    Ryan Reynolds was looking hot in his picture :)!!

• Reply Megan @ A very Meg Girl October 7, 2010 at 12:19 pm

Soo inspiring!!

I thihnk I am goign to try and run NYC next year by signing up for 9 races!

• Reply PhillyGirlRuns October 7, 2010 at 1:00 pm

every time I see that picture of Katie Holmes, all I can think is "OMG, she ran an entire marathon with NO BRA…WHAT?"

• Reply Emily Malloy October 7, 2010 at 2:02 pm

I would be sprinting right behind Ryan Reynolds.

..Yes please!

🙂

• Reply Theresa @ActiveEggplant October 7, 2010 at 2:40 pm

Wow – Ryan Reynolds was a pimp already, but now know that he's a marathoner? Even better! (I'm actually surprised to see GWB's time!)

• Reply track coach and adorable wife October 7, 2010 at 5:06 pm

Anybody else suprised by Will Ferrell's time? Who knew?

• Reply Nichole October 7, 2010 at 6:56 pm

I love this post!! I have so many comments, eesh. I mean GOOD for each and every one of them, but when Katie Holmes was running you'd think she placed first. Lance's time is sick! And look at Diddy getting beat by the Pres – he wouldn't have made the band.

• Reply runningphoodie October 7, 2010 at 9:51 pm

Who would have thought Oprah would have a better time than Mario Lopez by almost an hour! Fun post 🙂

• Reply Meg October 11, 2010 at 11:02 pm

still cannot believe katie holmes ran a marathon without a bra. even those of us with small boobs need sports bras! unless we want to end up with our A cups around our waist by the time we're 40.