Marathon Books and Movies

Since it’s Marathon week for me here I have been going a little crazy as the days creep closer to Sunday. Taper madness has definitely set in.  I am feeling like I haven’t done enough, like I need to do more to prepare myself, when in fact I have run 20 miles, not once, but twice,  which is more than some people train for, so I need to keep reminding myself of that!

I am getting more excited and anxious and nervous to get out on that Start Line on Sunday morning and get my Marathon on!

To get even more in the Marathon Spirit I wanted to share with you what I have been reading and watching to get me even more excited for race day (like I need any help!)

Any other Born to Run fans out there? I am reading this book this week and hope to finish before the weekend. I really enjoy it so far!

I watched this movie last night – Marathon Challenge– where a group of people who never exercise are turned into Boston Marathon runners in 9 months. It was pretty inspirational to see these people train and race. Some had sicknesses and injuries other obstacles to overcome but it was a great story to watch. It even made me a little emotional at the end, but pretty much anything will these days!

I watched it online for free here.

Tonight I am SUPER excited because fiancé and I are going to sit down and watch Spirit of the Marathon. I have been saving watching this until race week so I am really pumped to watch it tonight.

I expect big things!

Do you have any other good marathon books or movie suggestions for me?

************************************************

Don’t forget to enter my yurbuds headphone giveaway!

• Reply Gina October 5, 2010 at 1:10 pm

I have watched Spirit of the Marathon before every race, it's a great movie! I also love the Ultramarathon Man movie. If he can run 50 marathons in 50 days, we can all do one 🙂

• Reply Emily October 5, 2010 at 2:11 pm

You are going to adore Spirit of the Marathon with Chicago only days away! I love watching motivational sports movies of any kind before big races. Miracle, Remember the Titans, all the really great cheesy ones. Also the Prefontaine movies are a favorite for running.

• Reply Lacey Nicole October 5, 2010 at 2:14 pm

i would love your review on spirit of the marathon!!! i haven't seen it.

I LOOOOOVE running the sahara. it makes you feel like you could run forever. and generally just overcome adversity. plus it is produced/ narrated by matt damon and has social justice issues built in.

• Reply Lindsay October 5, 2010 at 3:28 pm

love that you guys are watching it together. so cute!

• Reply Plentus October 5, 2010 at 4:27 pm

Saw McDougall speak at the Upper Merion library and he was very cool; great story. Ultramarathon Man the book was good, also can't forget Chariots of Fire and Prefontaine.

good luck with the marathon, fiancee and I (also '06 Nova grads) are doing the Philly marathon. (have to give her credit for finding your blog)

• Reply kristastes October 5, 2010 at 5:50 pm

Without Limits (Pre movie) is a good one! Good luck!

• Reply ladypurpl October 6, 2010 at 2:26 am

The movie, I can't think of it now, with the famous saying, "Life's like a box of chocolate", remember when he ran cross country and back. You are well prepared, don't second guess yourself, you'll be awesome!