Come On, Irene!

Remember last Fall when there was massive flooding in the East Falls area of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania?

201108271519.jpg

I am expecting to wake up tomorrow morning to conditions way worse than that!

Today, on the East Coast Hurricane Irene is all the craze! I woke up watching the Weather Channel and have pretty much been watching the news all day. With my family in Northern Virginia, my sister in law in DC, the in-laws in South Jersey and Charles, Jackson and I in Philadelphia, we are all pretty affected by the storm. Not to mention the fact that my parents own property in Bethany Beach, Delaware and Charles’ parents own property in Avalon, New Jersey! We are all hoping the storm goes easy on the beach houses!

IMG_0558.JPG

With the possibility of being stuck in our apartment all day tonight and tomorrow, Charles and I headed out to lunch in Manayunk today to brave the storm. I was surprised to see all the sandbags out on Main Street Manayunk but the area is very prone to flooding!

IMG_0557.JPG

We enjoyed a little hurricane cheers and watched the news progress.

IMG_0560.JPG

That is one big, bad storm, if you ask me!

IMG_0561.JPG

The Manayunk Brew Pub is no stranger to hurricanes and flooding.

IMG_0562.JPG

IMG_0563.jpg

In 1999 Hurricane Floyd came all the way up to the bar!

IMG_0564.JPG

The Brew Pub is right alongside the Schuylkill River in Philadelphia

IMG_0572.jpg

The water has to rise A LOT to get up to the bar – but it has done it before and the current projected path for Irene is similar, if not worse than Floyd in 1999.

IMG_0573.JPG

The owners of the Brew Pub are expecting the worst, but hoping for the best!

IMG_0576.JPG

IMG_0566.JPG

IMG_0570.JPG

I rocked by Hunter Boots and my rain coat today! Love!

IMG_0571.JPG

Ready for Rain in our gear!

IMG_0575.JPG

IMG_0578.jpg

IMG_0579.JPG

I am just hopeful we don’t lose power, but only time will tell!

IMG_0580.jpg

How are you braving the Hurricane?

We went out last night and got some extra food and water and have been charging up our electronics all day so hopefully we will be good to go if things very bad and we lose power! Fingers crossed that won’t happen!

IMG_0587.JPG

Hope you are staying safe out there!

Catch you on the flip side!

IMG_0582.JPG

And the winner of my Running Skirt Giveway is Michelle from Crazy Running Legs!

Congrats!

• Reply sara@runninginpinkproject August 27, 2011 at 3:29 pm

Stay Safe! 🙂

• Reply Aly ~ Cooking In Stilettos August 27, 2011 at 4:47 pm

Please be careful – this hurricane is no joke. Wiggs is currently snoring without a care in the world. The pets are well versed in hurricane prep after living in Florida so long and the pantry is stocked, car gassed facing out and back porch cleared 🙂 I’m praying PECO has their act together for this storm and Main Street is not flooded.

• Reply christina cadden August 27, 2011 at 5:24 pm

Praying for you guys!!

• Reply Michelle @ Crazy*Running*Legs August 27, 2011 at 6:41 pm

Stay safe! Hurricanes can be nothing or major and you don’t know until they hit. Hopefully it’s being grossly overestimated (but I have a feeling that’s not the case).

Also — I just want to let know that I have NEVER won anything before. Even raffles at work where everyone wins!! I’m so excited! (but mostly I just want you guys to be safe)

• Reply Caitlin August 27, 2011 at 7:04 pm

Good thing you have your rain jacket 🙂 stay safe!!

• Reply Madeline - Greens and Jeans August 27, 2011 at 7:05 pm

We are hunkered down in Old City! Fingers crossed that we keep power!

• Reply crystal August 27, 2011 at 7:20 pm

GOOD LUCK be SAFE!!!!!!

• Reply Marisa @ The College Cuisiner August 28, 2011 at 8:49 am

Good luck! Us in Overbrook are getting prepared too! Last night Genuardis looked as if the rapture was upon us. Good thoughts from your “neighbors.”

• Reply Paige @ RAN August 28, 2011 at 8:57 am

I love your raincoat! Probably comes in handy is Philadelphia!

Stay safe, Leslie!

• Reply Patty O August 28, 2011 at 9:44 am

We are all safe in Va. – no power outage for us! Hope things are just as well for you guys and the rest of our families!

• Reply Allison August 28, 2011 at 11:54 am

Be safe and keep dry… We lucked out in the NoVA area and Irene was more hype than storm- def not complaining! Hope the same is true for PA!

• Reply Kait @ One Love Run August 28, 2011 at 6:33 pm

Manayunk Brew Pub – one of my favorite old stomping grounds 🙂 How is Manayunk holding up now, I heard a lot of it was under water.
    Love the lulu rain gear. I was this close to buying that jacket for my trip out here but was worried I wouldn’t use it much again in SD. I opted for the dance studio jacket and that has done a good job at keeping me dry this weekend!