PB & U

******************************************

Don’t forget to enter my Dinner@6 Giveaway to win a $100 American Express gift card!

******************************************

A while back I got a Groupon deal for PB & U in Wayne, Pennsylvania. I bought it what seems like forever ago and nearly forgot about it until this past week when I realized it was expiring soon so I had to get my little booty out there to get my peanut butter on!

photo-185.JPG

PB & U offers a unique spin on the classic peanut butter & jelly sandwich.

photo-183.jpg

The menu gives a variety of peanut butter, bread and lots of mix in’s and toppings! This I would have never thought to add to a peanut butter sandwich!

photo-184.jpg

I went there with Charles so he could experience the peanut butter fun as well – we were excited to try something new.

photo-196.jpg

Charles & I decided to split two sandwiches – something savory & something sweet!

photo-194.jpgphoto-193.jpg

First we got a peanut butter, bacon, cheddar & a pickle. The word on the street was that this bad boy tasted like a cheeseburger – and it really did!

photo-195.jpg

For “dessert” we got the peanut butter, nutella, fluff & m&m’s. This was super rich and delicious! Perfect for my sweet tooth!

photo-192.jpg

The sandwiches might seem a little crazy, but I am up for anything and love to try new things!

photo-188.jpg

This was really fun to stop and have lunch at – it was something completely different! It was very kid friendly – packed with kids running around enjoying their PB sandwiches! To me this seems like a much better options for kids than fast food!

photo-191.jpg

photo-189.jpgphoto-187.jpg

What do you think of PB & U – and its concept? Do you have any restaurant like this where you like?

photo-186.jpg

What is your all time favorite peanut butter sandwich creation?

photo-190.jpg

• Reply Evan Thomas September 22, 2011 at 8:41 am

I’m impressed they have gluten-free bread! Sounds like a fun place to eat. I think I’m a traditional and would go with the peanut butter and fluff.

• Reply Emily G. September 22, 2011 at 10:19 am

We don’t have anything like that anymore. We did have a small burger joint that was home to the Peanut Butter Buger. When I finally got the nerves to try it I realized they were no longer open for business! BOO! Peanut butter makes me happy.

• Reply Sara September 22, 2011 at 11:41 am

Man, I HAVE to go there. I just emailed a friend who lives in Wayne and demanded that we go there! The closest I’ve come to a place like this was the PB&H stand (https://www.facebook.com/pages/PBJ/109749989065930?sk=info) in the Detroit airport.

• Reply Kelley September 22, 2011 at 11:43 am

That looks awesome!!!! Both of those sandwiches look amazing! Hope one opens up near me soon!

• Reply Steph September 22, 2011 at 1:07 pm

I love PB&U !! Haven’t been there in a few months though.. I think I have to get back there soon and try the “cheeseburger.”

• Reply Patty O September 22, 2011 at 3:56 pm

Wow – what an awesome concept! Don’t have one in Northern Virginia yet!
    My favorite sandwich as a kid was the peanut butter and fluff – I lived off of that in school.

• Reply Brian September 23, 2011 at 3:25 pm

Bacon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Reply Kait September 23, 2011 at 7:43 pm

How fun! I wish I knew this place existed when I was back on the main line last month!

• Reply Katie September 26, 2011 at 12:32 pm

Wow – this sounds awesome!!! What a neat concept. I admit: I’m not very adventurous when it comes to peanut butter…I’ve only ever had the good ol pb&j! This sounds so fun though!