Friday Favorites: Holiday Treats

This week’s Friday Favorites features some of my favorite holiday treats that I have made in the past two years! It has been so fun to create something new and tasty for my friends and family to enjoy while celebrating the Winter season together!

Check out my favorite tasty treated to indulge in:

201112021428.jpg

Peppermint Bark

201112021428.jpg

Holiday Cake Balls

201112021429.jpg

If I could make these every day, and eat them every day, I totally would!

201112021430.jpg

Hot Spiked Cider

I brought my dad’s recipe to Thanksgiving with the in-laws this year and it was a hit!

201112021431.jpg

Candy Coated Chocolate Covered Pretzels

201112021438.jpg

201112021438.jpg

Peppermint Martini’s

201112021439.jpg

I’m so excited for the Holiday season this year! It’s looking tastier than ever!

201112021442.jpg

What is your favorite Holiday treat to make?

• Reply Stephanie @ Mr and Meatless December 2, 2011 at 3:17 pm

My mom and I make about a thousand different kinds of treats every year, but the peppermint bark has got to be a favorite of mine! We also make really good chocolate peanut butter balls that are delicious! I can’t wait to get started baking!

• Reply Patty O December 2, 2011 at 10:50 pm

My favorite treat to make is my peanut butter balls, they are so yummy! I also like to make chocolate dipped ritz filled with crunchy peanut butter, also very yummy and of course fudge! My favorite treat of yours is the chocolate covered pretzels and the peppermint bark – always delish!

• Reply Joy December 3, 2011 at 8:37 am

I actually cooked yesterday and I’m told it’s amazing SO this will be my favorite treat to make this year! It was called saltines bark. So easy!
    1 sleeve saltines
    2 sticks margarine
    1 cup brown sugar
    1 bag chocolate chips
    Preheat oven to 375
    In pan boil margarine and brown sugar for 3 minutes
    Line a pan (I used 2 disposable pie plates) with crackers
    After 3 minutes boiling pour sugar sauce over crackers
    Put in oven for 6 minutes
    Take out and sprinkle with chips place back in oven for 1 minute (until all melted) then put in fridge and cool cut up and serve

• Reply Allison December 3, 2011 at 9:13 am

My momma buys some of the best peppermint bark [IDK where she gets it], but I’d love to try and make a homemade batch! The chocolate and candy coated pretzels would be lethal in my house- they would be gone within the first couple of hours! salty + sweet = heavenly

• Reply Crystal December 3, 2011 at 1:48 pm

i wish my cake balls came out looking that good! I do love them though not matter what the look like they always taste good at least!

• Reply Suzanne December 3, 2011 at 10:11 pm

All of your holiday treats look sooo good! I don’t think I have a favorite holiday treat to make but definitely several favorite ones to eat.