Comfort food at its finest – Cheesy BBQ Sloppy Joe’s.
Last night I made Sloppy Joe’s for the first time ever. I had a package of ground chicken and a plan! My only question is – Why have I never made this before?!
I was inspired by this recipe on MyRecipes.com – I made some minor adjustments and viola! Dinner is served!
- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup organic ketchup
- 1/2 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon Country Bob’s
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickles
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 6 slices toasted French bread
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Brown ground chicken in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, 8 to 10 minutes; drain well.
- While chicken is browning, sauté onions, pickles & garlic
- Return chicken to skillet. Stir in tomatoes, onions, garlic pickles and sauces. Cover and cook 10 minutes.
- Serve Sloppy Joe’s mixture over toasted French bread; sprinkle with cheese.
Whats your favorite go-to comfort food meal?