green juice recipe

green juice recipe

So excited for everyone that is going to join in on the 3-day cleanse fun! I am really excited to start on Monday! I know that slowly incorporating a fresh juice or two into my diet between now and then will make the cleanse an even better experience. Plus I have to test out the recipes beforehand, right?! I like to know what to expect in the recipes personally, so it’s nice to take the time to taste test the juices before the cleanse {officially} begins.

got green

I wanted to start off today by sharing the green juice recipe with you. The green juice is very similar to most other juices I have made in in the past. Lots of green veggies with a little citrus kick! This is the same recipe as the green juice in the Catalyst cleanse, except for my addition of kale. I love me some kale.

ingredients1

So the exact measurements that I used to make a 24 oz green juice is: 1/2 cucumber, 5 celery stalks, 3 small apples, small bunch of parsley, 2 handfuls of spinach, 2-3 stalks (?) of kale, 1 lemon, 1 lime, a small nugget of ginger

You can add more or less of any ingredient to taste – but this amount makes a good amount of juice & I love the flavor.

green foam

In terms of the cleanse this is meant to be the most filling with the most calories to keep us full. From the Catalyst Cleanse – the green juice “gets the body started but brings a balance to our highly acidic body as well.”

Feel free to share what kind of juices you are creating!

go green

• Reply Rachel February 14, 2013 at 10:59 am

Have you watched “Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead”? It’s a great documentary about the wonderful health benefits of juicing. I recommend checking it out!

• Reply Leslie February 15, 2013 at 10:01 am

Yes Rachel – its such a great documentary, totally inspiring, I really liked it!

• Reply Patty O February 14, 2013 at 5:55 pm

Love the color of your juice! Good luck with the cleanse!

• Reply Robert April 21, 2013 at 11:23 pm

I tried your green juice tonight in my new juicer. Pretty good! Thanks for sharing.

• Reply maggie September 9, 2013 at 8:43 am

Wondering amt of parsely for green juice andbwhy 30oz of cashewsbif only need 12oz for 3 days

• Reply Leslie September 9, 2013 at 5:35 pm

Hey Maggie – I used a handful of parsley for the green juice and I only had access to a bigger cashew container, so I had lots of leftovers! Let me know if you have any other questions!

• Reply Patti January 7, 2016 at 5:03 pm

Hi!! Can you make the juices all at once? Will they lose nutrients? Also is whole almonds(no salt no roast etc) same as raw? I can’t find raw

Thank you!!

• Reply Leslie January 11, 2016 at 8:44 am

I think if you made them in the morning for a whole day, you would be fine! Yes, whole almonds work! Let me know if you have any other questions!

• Reply Amal May 3, 2018 at 5:14 am

Hi everyone:)
    That looks tasty ! I will add it to my fertility diet juices .Thanks for sharing