- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line one 12-cup standard muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Whisk 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder and 1/3 teaspoon salt together in a medium bowl.
- In another medium bowl, beat 2 large eggs and 2/3 cup sugar with an electric mixer until light and foamy, about 2 minutes.
- While beating, gradually pour in 6 oz, unsalted, melted butter and then 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract.
- While mixing slowly, add half the dry ingredients. Then add all 1/2 cup Stonyfield organic yogurt and follow with the rest of the dry ingredients. Take care not to overmix the batter.
- Pour half the batter in the cupcake liners – add in the Unreal Candy of your choice and cover with the rest of the batter – I did a variety of the dark + milk chocolate peanut butter cups, cut in half and a sprinkling of the milk chocolate candies
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes. Cool the cupcakes on a rack in the tin for 10 minutes, and then remove from the tin. Cool on the rack completely. Sprinkle with additional Unreal Candy as desired + Icing with the flavor of your choice
Check out the inside of the cupcakes – more Unreal Candy!
I loved for this post that I got to partner with Unreal Candy and try out their gluten free, fair trade, non-GMO treats. So delicious and perfect for Halloween next week! I was also excited about making cupcakes with Stonyfield organic yogurt instead of milk – it was a nice way to make the cupcakes even creamier and delicious!
What’s the best cupcake creation you’ve ever seen?
Would love to hear about other tasty + sweet combinations! Please share!
Disclosure: I have an ongoing partnership with Stonyfield Organic as a member of their Clean Plate Club and received this product for review. As always, the opinions here are all my own!