The wonderful people at Waterpik sent me the Ultra Dental Water Jet to try out! I love reviewing food on the blog, but its SO much fun to review cool products like this! Here are a few reasons why the Waterpik Dental Water Jet works:
- Improves dental hygiene and is clinically proven to be up to 93% more effective than dental floss at improving gum health
- Removes bacteria deep between teeth and below the gum line where brushing and flossing will not reach
- Massages and stimulates gums to help prevent gingivitis and improve oral health
- Works with water or your favorite mouthwash
- Leaves a clean, fresh sensation
This bad boy comes with 6 different tips all with a variety of purposes, and it is supposed to clean 3 times deeper than brushing alone! Who couldn’t use that, right??
Here is how you use the Dental Water Jet –
Step 1: Fill the reservoir with lukewarm water – You are supposed to use all the water in here in one cleaning.
Step 2: Pick a pik – So many to choose from! They are stored right above the reservoir, which I think is pretty cool. They are also each color coded.
Step 3: Power on and Power up! This bad boy has 10 various speed and pressure settings – apparently first time users are supposed to take it slow and work their way up. It varies from gentle massage to vigorous cleaning.
The big blue button on the cleaning device is the pause button. The two buttons on the left are the on/off button and the speed level changer. I love how cute and compact it all is!
After reviewing the directions again, I was ready to test this baby out! (Please excuse my wet hair – just got out of the shower!) A few tips when using this –
1) Do a few test runs first, I had to get used to holding it in my mouth and controlling the water flow with the pause button
2) Let some of the water flow into the sink at first so you can see how high the pressure is
3) Aim the tip just above the gum line at a 90 degree angle – And start with the back teeth first and then move forward
At first it was a very weird and surprising sensation. The water comes out of the pik pretty fast and you have to get used to it firing at your gums! After I got used to the whole process I found the water flow on my teeth and gums very refreshing!
I am laughing in the second picture because the water totally squirted all over the place because I wasn’t holding the pause button right! Water went EVERYWHERE!
Fiancé picked out a different pik and wanted to test it out for himself! He was very intrigued by it – He said it tickled. He is a man of many words when it comes to his reviews!
I love flossing my teeth. I love the feeling when you can suck in air between your teeth when you breath in because my teeth are so clean. Is that weird? Does that make sense? Anyways, the Dental Water Jet cleans deep between the teeth and below the gum line, it also removes bacteria and plaque.
Thumbs up for healthy and clean teeth and gums!
I really liked the Waterpik! I like the clean feelings, and the water spraying on my gums was pretty cool. It definitely took a try or two to get used to it, but it was very nice. I also liked the size of the Water Jet. It was pretty compact and easy to put out of the way.
I did have to wipe down the mirror because since it was our first time trying the Waterpik out, we made a bit of a mess. Live and learn!
I am so happy I got to try out the Water Jet. It is supposed to be 93% more effective than flossing! That’s a BIG difference! Let’s be honest, who DOESN’T want strong and healthy gums?? Waterpik claims that 14 days of use will make a big difference alone. I haven’t been using it that long yet, but I can already feel a little bit of a difference.
You know the deal – Here’s how to enter:
1) Leave a comment here letting me know why you want to test out the Ultra Dental Water Jet!
2)You MUST be a follower to win. So follow me/become a subscriber and/or add And Her Little Dog Too to your Google reader! 🙂
3) Be my twitter friend/tweet about this giveaway! @lmcder01
4)Post about this giveaway on your blog for 4 extra points
5) Add And Her Little Dog Too to your blog roll for 2 extra points
6)If someone mentions they learned about this giveaway from you, you get 5 extra points, so spread the blog giveaway love!
Giveaway ends Friday! Good Luck!